Have you seen our proposals for Blue House and Haddricks Mill roundabouts?
We're investing over £20m to upgrade one of the busiest routes in Newcastle, including upgrading the Haddricks Mill and Blue House roundabouts.
The public and businesses are invited to have their say on the details of the proposals until 21 August 2016.
Blue House roundabout on the Great North Road, the junctions off Jesmond Dene Road with Osborne Road, and Ilford Road, and the Haddricks Mill double roundabout in South Gosforth will benefit from a package of improvements to improve safety, smooth traffic flow and reduce congestion. The junctions form part of a key corridor that runs across the city from Cowgate to the north of the city in Gosforth. Both junctions suffer from high levels of congestion and delays and are well-known collision hotspots.
With works now complete at Cowgate, we plan to connect the junctions at Blue House and Haddricks Mill to improve efficiency and safety along the route. The improvements will mean road-users benefit from improved journey times, safer junctions and reduced congestion. As part of our commitment to creating better neighbourhoods, these investments will provide improvements for vehicle traffic on a set number of key routes and reduce through traffic and ‘rat running’ in residential neighbourhoods.
Please visit this page:
for more information and details of how to have your say. The link to the online consultation is: Blue House Roundabout Consultation 2016. Once the first stage of consultation is completed on 21 August 2016, we will review the comments received and provide feedback on any changes to the designs. We will also provide details on the next stages of formal consultation before a final decision is taken.
Here's our video about why we are proposing these changes:
There will be a series of public events about the proposals, and you can come along and give your views:
- Monday 25 July, 1-7pm, Trinity Church, Gosforth High Street
- Tuesday 26 July, 1-7pm - St Nicholas’ Church Annex, South Gosforth
- Wednesday 27 July, 1-7pm - Jesmond Library, St George's Terrace, Jesmond
- Thursday 28 July, 1-7pm – Trinity Community Centre, Freeman Road, South Gosforth
- Saturday 30 July, 10am-2pm - Jesmond Library, St George's Terrace, Jesmond
- Saturday 6 August, 10am-2pm - Trinity Church, Gosforth High Street
- Wednesday 10 August 11am-4pm- Trinity Church, Gosforth High Street
- Thursday 11 August – 11am-4pm - St Nicholas’ Church Annex, South Gosforth
- Saturday 13 August - 10am-2pm - Trinity Community Centre, Freeman Road, South Gosforth