Newcastle-wideThis consultation ran from 14 March 2022 - 25 March 2022
The Outer West of Newcastle is to get a new multi-million-pound leisure centre. We've listened to your views on our proposals, and we would like to talk to you about what happens next.
- Stage 1 - 12 January – 24 February 2022
- Stage 2 – 14 March – 25 March 2022
- 10,000 leaflets were sent to homes in the Outer West
- We put information on our website
- We put information on our social media channels: Facebook and Twitter
- We emailed invitations to registered members of Let’s talk Newcastle Online
- We emailed stakeholder groups (such as sports clubs) to invite them to take part
- Local venues, such as the library, displayed information about this.
- In Stage 1 we received responses by letter and paper forms as well as our online survey.
- Stage 2 of the consultation had a mixture of in-person and digital meetings.
People told us that they wanted to see the following in the new facility:
- 8-lane pool rather than a 6-lane
- Baby, toddler and children’s shallow pool
- Sauna and steam room
- Café and library space
- Extended opening hours so that people working and studying can use it
- The facility needs good parking and transport links, including public and active transport
- Review the use of glass panelling in the facility
- What about provision of leisure facilities whilst the new facility is being built?